Late this morning, Dale cut two angle braces away on the Diamond & Caldor Railbus No. 10.
Removal of the hitch is necessary. Our plan is to restore the Railbus to its original configuration.
The extended hitch arrangement was added to the end of the Railbus when it was owned by Hal Wilmunder's Camino, Cable & Northern Railway.
The CC&N was a tourist line that opened in August 1964. Wilmunder rescued the Railbus from the scrapper's torch when the D&C ceased operation in 1953.
CC&N railroad closed in 1974.
Steps hung from both sides of the hitch during the CC&N days in Camino. The hitch has weakened after years of neglect.